OT Managed Services mirror IT Managed Services in principle, however there are some fundamental differences to be considered before trivialising the ongoing challenges met by Operations Managers worldwide.
- What is Managed Services?
- What is IT Managed Services?
- What other benefits are provided by IT Managed Services?
- What is OT Managed Services?
- Why don’t we see many OT Managed Service providers?
- What OT Managed Services do we provide?
- How does OT Managed Services by Parasyn blend with IT Managed Services?
- What is our OT Managed Services Mission?
What is Managed Services?
Managed Services is a framework used for maintaining a system or system of systems. The purpose is to reduce operational costs and improve how assets are operated. The responsibility for the technology, applications, and systems outcomes rest with the Managed Service Provider (MSP). Managed Services is most commonly applied in the IT industry.
What is IT Managed Services?
When an organisation outsources IT functions, they are acquiring the skills of an IT Managed Service Provider. The range of functions that the Service Provider is responsible for is determined by the outsourcing organisation and tailored to match internal resource capability or the longer-term goals of the organisation. An organisation’s purpose in using IT Managed Services is varied, however common goals are related to economies of scale, focused management of IT Infrastructure and access to industry experts who are current in their industry knowledge.