Queensland Urban Utilities (QUU) was established on 1 July 2010
Queensland Urban Utilities (QUU) was established on 1 July 2010 as a statutory body to be a distributor-retailer under the provision of the South East Queensland Water (Distribution and Retail Restructuring) Act 2009 and as a service provider under the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008. QUU shareholders are Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, and Somerset councils.
QUU are one of the largest water distributor-retailers in Australia, supplying drinking water, recycled water and sewerage services to a population of more than 1.4 million in South East Queensland.
The scope of this project is to implement an Enterprise Historian (EH), Reporting and Dashboards Solution as the source of truth for operational data that is centrally available, accurate and timely to enable collaborative and effective decisions across operations, maintenance and planning functions. After its implementation, Schneider’s eDNA Enterprise Historian will record and store all QUU SCADA data from QUU’s Water and Wastewater Networks as well as Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs).
Services to deliver the project include;
- IT Infrastructure
- Data Migration
- Support and Maintenance
QUU and Parasyn joint project objectives include the following:
- Deploy Enterprise Historian Servers
- Implement Historian Design
- Configure Historian Applications
- Integrate with Operational Systems
- Develop and Implement Top 10 Operational Reporting and Dashboards
- Design and Implement Organisational Change Management and Training Programs
- Establish and perform Support and Maintenance services
- Implement Decommissioning Plan for Legacy Historians
Beginning in May 2018, the focus for the 2019 outcome is:
- Real time operational data available in a single repository as the source of truth for all operational reporting and dashboards, available for analysis by planners, engineers and subject matter experts
- Continuous and real time dynamic monitoring for vital parameters to identify potential water loss and proactive maintenance to enable rapid operational response and improved customer satisfaction
- Operational users able to transform, refine, calculate and contextualise data turning it into actionable information and informed decision making to target the reduction of chemical and energy usage
- Empower operational users able to build their own role-specific reports and dashboards using easily configurable tools, removing the significant effort currently needed to manually collect and validate operational data
- Deploy an enterprise solution that integrates data between SCADA and business applications and enables the convergence of Information Technology and Operational Technology systems
The new fully redundant enterprise application and its associated tools provide a platform to reliably transform access to SCADA related information and firmly place it into the hands of managers and other data consumers that would not normally have direct access to SCADA data. This data will be “served” with additional context including asset hierarchy and other data views which will enhance the users view of real time and the historical performance of assets.
Though QUU has only been an entity since 2010, the ½ Million data stream Enterprise Historian will provide history from systems that existed before the formation of QUU. Data migration will provide history from ClearSCADA, CitectSCADA, Manual Operator Logs, LIMs, Elpro, Radtel and Mosaic systems. The final QUU solution will be an amalgamation of live and manual systems provided by the collaboration of many organisations and stakeholders. It is the liberation of generations of data which represents successful continuous operational management for South East Queensland water consumers.